Christian Group Directs “Spiritual Warfare” Against Pagan Goddess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post

Hope you don't object to buttered popcorn.
    My own favorite topping for popcorn, is butter and a Garlic-Black Pepper mix.
    HEY ADMIN

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT

Comment

Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
      -Erik Erikson

Comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-dynamite.html
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post
          How's that Hail Columbia project going, Thal?
          Not too bad...right now the consensus goal seems to be disseminating information on freedom of religion/religious intolerance issues, making people more aware of the historical context of religious freedom in the US, sharing information from multiple faith-based groups (as well as interfaith and secular organizations) in protest of the DC40/NAR action and/or promoting religious freedoms, and sharing ways that various Pagans have decided to incorporate both mundane and magical actions in support of religious freedom.

Really it depends on the individual state coordinators at this point--since I am mostly in favor of not looking like some ass in a spiritual warfare slinging match...that's been my take on it, lol.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
            This is the switch this story tripped in my head:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-dynamite.html

...I'm pretty sure that history will tell us that something like this is how something like that starts...
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

THIS is the group that is sponsoring the DC40 action:

Top NAR leaders, including C. Peter Wagner, Cindy Jacobs, Ed Silvoso and, Chuck Pierce, have repeatedly emphasized in their writings the need for believers to destroy or neutralize, by burning, smashing, or flushing down toilets, objects deemed to be unholy, including profane books and "idolatrous" religious texts (such as Books of Mormon), religious relics (such as statues of Catholic saints, the Buddha, or Hindu gods), and native art (such as African masks, Hopi Indian Kachina dolls, and totem poles.)
              In books from 1994 up into 2008, C. Peter Wagner has repeatedly cited, as a model for societal "transformation", the efforts of the Dominican friar Girolamo Savonarola in late-15th Century Florence, Italy.

Savonarola is credited with instigating the mass-burning in Florence of books and cultural objects deemed to incite sin (including by some reports several paintings by the Renaissance master Botticelli), in an event that has become known to historians as the "Bonfire of the Vanities."
              Wagner's apostles Chuck Pierce and Tom Schlueter (who anointed presidential candidate Rick Perry in a 2009 ceremony, as covered in a 2011 story from the Texas Observer) have been described as performing ceremonies, to break collective curses over entire Native American tribal groups that were allegedly incurred through Baal worship, which involved the ritual smashing of antique Native American pottery.
              ...yeah, sounds about like the Taliban + Jesus...
              sigpic

Comment

Circe

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                    -Erik Erikson

Comment

Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by DeseretRose View Post
                        Corvus, in hebrew Baal is actually a generic title for Lord. It's the same word used sometimes to call Eloheim "lord", or would be used by a loving wife to refer to her husband. When it's in reference to the Semitic god, it's based on context.
                        So I got the translation wrong but my points still stands. This does lead me to wonder why christians would refer to a 'demon' as lord
                        Circe

Comment

-Erik Erikson

Comment

Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Working...
                            X